Life Is...

Life is never stopping to remember how you were hurt in the past, and loving like you've never loved before. Believe in the beauty of everything around you, and embrace the mystery of it all. Never forget how miniscule we are in this giant vaccumm of a galaxy. Intelligence is rarely an accurate way to judge someone. Looks are even less accurate. I've seen many a pretty people with their heads in their ass. Remember to tell the people you love everyday just how special they make your life... they'll appreciate it, I promise. And last but absolutely not least, BE YOU... it's the only thing you know how to do better than anyone else.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The New Guy on the Island

So maybe someone can explain to me how two people that have known all of the same people and grew up (well kind of) in the same town can go 28 years without meeting each other? Ha ha well I can, Fate. God has incredible sense of humor, or maybe he just always knows better and when exactly to put someone in your life. He tends to do it, especially when you need it... smart guy that God. So yes, there's a new beau in my life. He sure is special... gets me all giggly. Funny thing about this one, he's totally different from any route I've ever gone, in the best way ever. Simple, humble, non-judgmental, talented beyond all reason, handsome, and best of all he spoils the crap out of me. Not with fancy dinners, or expensive gifts but by giving me all he has to offer, especially his time and my own. He's a man, a real one, who works with his hands, and isn't afraid to get a little dirty to fix something, build something, or stand up for the girl he calls his own. He won't complain or whine when he's hurt, but he knows how to show his emotions when he needs to. He acts like a kid, but knows how to be a man when he needs to be. He isn't about showing off even though he's got a lot to put out there, he'll hug a stranger, and be your best friend by the end of the night the first time he meets you. His family is amazing, truly like my own, loving, adoring, affectionate, and welcoming, doting both my daughter and I with the kindest affection we've ever seen. Now I know what I've been missing, and found it all wrapped up into one. A man who lets me be me, doesn't tell me how to dress, or fix my hair, or how to put on my make up, one who loves hanging out with my friends, and my family and no matter how bad he feels he still puts on a happy face. He's seen me at my worst and still thinks I'm amazing. How lucky am I? Guess you gotta kiss a lot of frogs before you find a prince. The frogs just make you appreciate the prince even more when you finally get him. Funny thing about this one... most guys in the past would try to buy their way into my daughters heart, bargaining with getting her a treat, or buying her this toy, and she would be excited to see them, not for them though... and first words out of her mouth would be "what did you get me," "did you bring me something," yeah that doesn't really work for me. See he's different, he actually gives her his time and nothing else, and she can't wait for him to come home, not for some gift she's expecting, but the gift of his hug, or for him to sing her a song, or dance with her, makes my heart sing. And it hasn't sung this loud ever...Yes, there's a new guy on my island, and I'm pretty darn sure this ones gonna last a lot longer than a three hour tour.
Gilligan, signing off....

No comments:

Post a Comment